Joy of reading and more!



Whenever somebody asks me what do you love the most? People expect me to say family or friends but they are amazed when I say I love reading the most. Of course I do love my family and friends but reading is my passion and I adore it. Since childhood you give me anything to read from books to newspaper or some article or short stories and I will cherish each and every moment I spend reading. However, there are lot of people who read lot more than me but still whatever I read, I enjoy it. I feel that, we can learn a lot by just reading. As the technology has advanced, it has given us ample opportunities to explore and learn new things. You can get information about any place, person, topic whether it’s genome editing or machine learning just in a fraction of a second. I feel we are the most blessed generation as we can access tremendous information and learn new things each and every second. We just need to keep our eyes wide open.


 Recently I read an article about thought leadership. In which the author explains how we can master things which are of our interests and earn money out of it. He says that the important thing is why we are doing it not what we are doing. Everything we do will matter if we have a defined purpose behind it.  The one sentence which inspired me the most goes like this…..“Pick one topic of your interest, learn it, master it, share it, become known for it and make money teaching it.”

This simple sentence has given me so much insight about what can we do about our life. We are the generation which has access to the most advanced technology. Everything is available at the click of a button but what we lack is patience to go up till the end. We get bored very easily and very quickly. That’s why we cannot focus on one thing at a time. We want to do multitasking to finish things as soon as possible. We want speed but at the same time we don’t want to compromise on quality. Even after getting everything we are not satisfied and then we want more and the process goes on and on. But still we don’t get happiness out of it. Then what’s the use. The important thing we miss in the process is the pleasure of doing it. We are in so much hurry to finish things that we don’t cherish each and every moment of it. The output is definitely important but we will feel the happiness only if we put our heart and soul in the process.

Gone are the days when little knowledge of something was enough. This era demands expertise and excellence. Being good at something is one thing but being the best requires dedication, commitment and perseverance. You need not be born talented to be an expert but what matters is that you stick to your goal and not get disturbed by the outside interference and stop giving excuses for failures because every man behind a success story was once a failure. 

Second thing I love is watching TED talks.  This is the platform for both speakers and the listeners. Speakers get the chance to showcase their findings and share their knowledge about the things which either we never knew or we never thought about them in that way in which they think. The speakers are renowned personalities as well as unknown faces from around the world but the important thing is they express themselves in such a way that it goes straight into your heart. Even though the topic is not related to you but still you start feeling some connection. Each and every idea is unique and it may be complicated but they express in such a way that we get the gist of it. It really inspires me. Because they have reached there after facing lot of troubles and hardships in their life but they chose not to give up till they actually achieved success. I admire each and every talk I listened to and I wish someday I will also get the chance to share my views on that stage. For that to happen, there is a long way to go so let me take a baby step and I believe I will be there soon.

Interesting words about reading:
Image result for books
Bibliophile: A person who loves books


Librocubicularist: A person who reads in bed


Bibliobibuli: Those who read too much

Omnilegent: Reading or having read everything


Comments

  1. Reflects the thoughtful and profound personality you have. Great writing! Waiting for more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts