A poem on childhood nostalgia

Nostalgic Ride

One day I rode my old bicycle after a very long period
With my shaky hands and trembling legs, I gathered some courage
As I sat on it, I became nostalgic about our school days

How we used to crave for having a bicycle
How we used to brag about our new shiny two-wheeler
How we felt the richest person on the earth
For us our bicycle was more than a million worth

Going to school and roaming around with friends all day
Slow cycle race and fast cycle race
Came first sometimes and sometimes stood last
Now ride on a cycle is like a past


As we grew up, technology advanced,
Our aspiration and desires amplified
Rusting in a corner our cherished cycle lies
As its place is taken by scooties and bikes

In this fast moving world,
where we can't afford to be slow
where riding a bicycle looks like a joke
we have become the slaves of machines,
which run on petrol, diesel and electricity

The world is full of pollution and, global warming is reaching great height
On the roads flooded with traffic jam, whenever you feel messed up and uptight
Please remember your lovely cycle and go for a nostalgic and eco-friendly ride.

Comments

Popular Posts