An Inspiration......!

Sometimes some people can inspire you so much that you just cannot forget them. One such person also came into my life. My room-mate’s mother visited her once. I had met her before but we didn't interact much. This time she was coming to stay for long time.

By talking to her I realise that how much useful things are there in life to cherish and how much we are wasting it by thinking of trivial things. We are the youths and she will become a senior citizen in few years. But the charm, the enthusiasm and the liveliness you will see in her face you won’t find that in our face. She is a housewife but her management skills are better than a MBA graduate. She can walk 4 kms per day without a trace of tiredness on her face and we start panting in just climbing few staircases. She can go on and on about how happy she is in spite of facing so much troubles and here we are gossiping about others and blaming how sad and tragic our life is. She used to treat me as if I am her own child. We used to roam around sometimes and she will tell me how many places she has travelled around the world and how many are left from her wish list. While explaining this she was full of enthusiasm as if she is reliving each and every moment of all those trips. Listening this I used to have very high regards for her. Travelling and visiting different places is always my passion. This lady was telling me all that stuff she saw and did, which I want to do before I die. Isn’t it commendable? Truly it is. She was from Gujarat and she used to boast how her family is so supportive and bonded that when they gather it will become a festival of its own. I used to wonder that in this era where son is killing father for property and brothers are fighting for the status, this big family is celebrating all festivals together with true happiness.We are living in an age where everything is available at our doorstep whether it is some new launched mobile or nearby grocery stuff. But we are too lazy to even go and get some food for us, forget about cooking. And here she is, ready to do everything and still satisfied with her life.

I am not talking specifically about her but it’s about all the mothers in the world. They work day and night just to see that their family is healthy, safe and happy. But we failed to recognise their efforts, forget about appreciation. We are too busy in earning money and perks for us that we don’t find any time to just sit and talk to her. Sometimes I do introspection and feel that what is the use of this money, if we cannot get eternal happiness. After all we studied so much and so hard to reach here but after this life seems like an ocean where we have to just swim to survive.


One day I was explaining my mom what is the difference between house and home. I told her that home is the place where people live with affection and house is devoid of that. Then immediately she replied “Oh, that’s why we are called housewife.” Tears came rolling down my eyes. Such a big thing and she said so casually.  That day I have determined that no matter what problems comes into my life I will not cry about them and face them with smile and courage.

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

  1. Really an inspiration Prachi!!
    It's actually the fact these days.We are just running in this race to grab something that we also unaware of. And hardly get time for our people. So we should take time as much as we can for our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts